1. When less than a year old, bear cubs have ropes or chains forced through their noses and most o their teeth are removed
The `Madaris` of India do this to make them danceThe Russians do this to train them for circusThe Chinese do this to milk bile.
2. Genetically the polar bear is most closely related to
Asiatic brown bearSun Bear Brown bear
3. This species of bear is found in India, Nepal, Bhutan and SriLanka
Black bearSloth bearBrown bear
4. Grizzly bears are actually the same as brown bears and both share the Greek name ursus arctos. They got the name grizzly from,
a series of grizzly murders involving these bears near Seattle in the 1950sthe silvery appearance of their coat when they grow oldthe ancient weather beaten appearance of their bodies
5. To which animal is the bear closely related?
6. The spectacled bear lives only in
North AmericaSouth America Australia
7. The Polar bear’s scientific name isursus maritimas. What does that mean?
white bear ice bear sea bear
8. Bears walk in a ‘plantigrade’ fashion- that means
they walk with very bowed legsthey walk faster uphill than downhillthey walk with their toes and heels touching the ground at the same time ( similar to human walk)
9. Which of the following animal is not a bear
sloth beargiant pandared panda
10. When do Giant pandas hibernate?
SummerWinterThey do not hibernate