1. Why is the term cold blooded not very appropriate for reptiles?
The metabolism of reptiles can generate internal heat for temperature controlReptiles swallow large prey whole to provide enough food to generate body heatReptiles do regulate body temperature by using behavioural adaptations
2. This snake is found only in Asia. Its venom is a powerful neurotoxin that causes respiratory failure.
3. Russels Viper, found in Asia and China ..............
has a hemotoxic venom is not venomoushas a neurotoxic venom
4. This species of crocodile feed exclusively on fish.
MuggersGharialSalt Water crocodile
5. "Ophiphagus"; ie, they eat only snakes is a term used for
King CobraPythonBoa costrictor
6. Name the snake that has vestigal hindlegs
WatersnakeMangrove snakeBoa constrictor
7. Which is the largest venomous snake in the world ?
8. The largest, most conspicuous lizards, of India is called
GeckoWater monitorComodo Dragon
9. This snake is endangered and near threatened (IUCN)
Indian PythonKraitCommon Cobra
10. The only snake to make a nest to lay eggs is,
Rat snakeRattle snakeKing Cobra