1. Which of the following are harmful to coral reefs?
oil spills from boats dynamite fishing both the above
2. What is a big threat to coral reefs?
global warminghurricanesBoth are correct
3. Coral reef mining is done for...
FishingRoad constructionProtein preparation
4. Why are coral reefs important to humans?
they provide foodthey may contain valuable medicines Both are correct
5. Riverborne silt topped by flyash from thermal plant caused deteriration in the coral reefs of
Gulf of MannarHikkadaduwa and Bar ReefInhaca Island Marine Reserve
6. Where is the largest coral reef in the world located?
Off the coast of AndamansOff the coast of BaliOff te coast of Australia
7. The main cause of coral reef bleaching is
fish eating the coralrapid changes in water temperaturetoo many coral polyps
8. Rani Jhansi Marine National Park is situated in
Wandoor JamnagarAndamans & Nicobar Island
9. What is a coral?
A rockAn animalA plant
10. Which of the following animals would you be likely to find in and near coral reefs?
sharksoctopus both the above