1. The noise a male frog makes is unique because ……….
the call helps to attract flying insects for foodthe call attracts females during the mating seasonthe call indicates the onset of rain
2. A frog`s diet consists of…..
water absorbed through their skin algae and plant matter anything that moves and can fit into its mouth
3. Frogs are bio-indicators because…….
their eggs actually absorb water and any pollution it may containtheir skin absorbs oxygen and water both the above
4. In this species of frogs, a fully formed froglet hatches out of the egg
bull frogstree frogsblack toads
5. Frogs are collected from the wild for .............
environmental indicatorsmedical researchboth the above
6. This species is seen only in Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka .............
Malabar gliding frogPretty bush frogboth the above
7. The tail of a tadpole
is reabsorbed into the bodydrops off when it begins to turn into a frogis eaten by other frogs as an important source of food
8. Difference between a frog and a toad is …..
frog is an amphibian while toad lives on landfrog eggs are in a clump while toads eggs are in a chain frogs skin is moist and smooth and have non-webbed feet
9. Frog legs are a delicacy in many countries. From India the main species exported is
painted frogcommon tree frogbull frog
10. This rare frog is reddish brown with black streak through the eyes. A black lumbar spot is the identifying feature
pretty bush frogfungoid frog spotted leaping frog