Forum > Travel > Can I cancel a Delta flight and get a refund

Posted by rose kim on February 18, 2021

If you are flying with an airline and due to some reasons you are in the need of canceling your trip then it might be important to know the cancellation policy. Knowing the policy will only let you know the rights that you hold. Delta airlines provide you with extensive ways of canceling your ticket.  

Flight Cancellation for Free 

There are certain points that you need to keep in mind if you are looking for a way to cancel your flight and wondering Can I cancel Delta flight for free? The answer is yes and below mentioned are the point you need to remember if you want to get a cancellation for free  -

1) If you are applying for the cancellation of tickets or your reservations within a period of 24hours of booking then you do not have to pay for any cancellation charge. 

2) But if cross the threshold then you will be charged a cancellation fee and the same will be deducted from your refund. 

How do I get a refund from Delta?

Keeping in mind the above points you cancel your flight. But if you are thinking Can I cancel a Delta flight and get a refund? Then you are at the right place. You can cancel the flight and at the same time apply for cancellation right after that. Remember  

1) A holder of a nonrefundable ticket will get a refund only if the passengers apply it within a period of 24 hours. 

2) A holder of a refundable ticket and get the amount back even after 24 hours with certain deductions. 

Also, remember that you can contact customer service in case you don't get your refund within a period of 3-4 working days and also know Delta refund policy. You can also drop an email regarding the same and ask them to process the amount. 

Share this post:

Post your Comment

Download IWC Android app     IWC Android app

Copyright © 2001 - 2021 Indian Wildlife Club. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use

Website developed and managed by Alok Kaushik