Post on Forum |
My Forum Contribution |
January 22, 2007
Social and environmental film makers all over the world are, generally speaking, a much troubled lot on the financial front. What keeps them going, more than anything else, is their commitment to the cause.
Unfortunately, these thought provoking films rarely get audiences as they face a challenge of distribution. Television channels either do not run them or, if they do, there is no guarantee of attracting enough eyeballs.
Screening at the workplace
Organizations would do well to screen such films in their workplaces. There are many ways to do this including:
- Television screens that are sometimes installed in offices.
- Create a kind of a You Tube on the intranet so staff can watch these on their desks itself.
- Collective Screening: Call staff in groups to a common room, and screen for them. No doubt people watching in a group would be impacted more as they would have a chance to discuss the same with one another, then and later too.
- Distribute discs: Get multiple copies of such films on suitable discs and distribute them amongst staff.
- Go a step further. Start giving these to customers who make a certain minimum purchase from you. Why give a free soap with a shampoo? Give a film.
Share this post: