Post on Forum |
My Forum Contribution |
Forum > General > Bicycle rally in Delhi
June 22, 2007
Delhi Cycling Club is organizing a bicycle rally India Gate-Red Fort at 7.AM 0n 24th June 2007
to create awareness about various benefits of cycling; Promote road safety amongst cyclists;and demand from the Government the much needed cycle
tracks on all main roads of Delhi.
DELHI CYCLING CLUB:
Formed by ITDP India in April 2007, Delhi Cycling Club is a forum of bicycle enthusiasts, health and environmental conscious citizens in
The club has been engaged in carrying out the following activities:
- Creating public awareness and sensitization
about the environmental, health, economic, energy and other benefits of bicycling.
- Educating various decision makers and stakeholders about the need and advantages of promoting cycling and NMT in our cities and integrating them with
other modes of transportation.
- Demanding fast implementation of better and safe cycling infrastructure in
Delhi from the Government.
- Planning regular traffic safety programmes for bicycle users in association with other NGOs and Traffic Police especially amongst the students and
factory workers who are more vulnerable to accidents.
- Planning and organizing regular bike trips on various themes
such as Heritage Biking, Excursion trip, adventure trips, and bike rallies etc.
The Initiative for Transportation and Development Programmes (ITDP India) is a Delhi based NGO involved in the research and advocacy of Bus Rapid Transit
System (BRT) cities and non motorized transportation. The organization is the
India chapter of
New York based Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP). ITDP is dedicated to the promotion of transportation policies
and projects which are environmentally, socially and economically sustainable as well as equitable.
Share this post: