Forum > National Parks > BANDHAVGARH TIGER RESERVE - DEFINITELY THE BEST OF ALL

Posted by Varun Sharma on March 05, 2016

Post visiting more than 56 wildlife sanctuaries, Bandhavgarh just pulls me back as an elastic. What people think is that Bandhavgarh has the maximum number of tigers which is not the fact, however, Bandhavgarh has the highest tiger sighting ratio in Asia currently. Reason for this is that with the Pachpedi (Buffer Zone) opening up to the tourist along with the popular Magadhi, Khitauli and Tala Core Zones - the number of tigers in the tourist limits has increased to almost 20-30. Nowadays, atleast 2 times in a week the tigers or leopards show up in the buffer. Moreover, because these cats have become a bit tooo used to the gypsy and the villagers / tribals - they hardly care even if the whole gang of tourist crowd around with their gypsy for sometimes even more than an hour- which is obviously not correct. Magadhi definitely holds the fort currently in best sighting. Tala, though known as the premium zone - comparatively has lesser sighting than magadhi. Khitauli has 2-3 tigers but extremely shy ones so the if the sighting happens - it probably is the best but thats a big IF. 

In the past 5 months, i have seen tigers and leopards more than 25 times in this jungle and i must say that this is definitely an amazing forest to be in as it is not so dense and full of Sal. 

For me - it is Bandhavgarh. 
Share this post:

Post your Comment

Download IWC Android app     IWC Android app

Copyright © 2001 - 2024 Indian Wildlife Club. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use

Website developed and managed by Alok Kaushik