Gmail Account Password Recovery Not Working
**Recover the Gmail Account using Smartphone **
If you are using the same account on your smartphone, but you don’t know the password, then you can use the smartphone to reset the password. You won’t be able to change the password on your smartphone until you enter the current password, which you don’t
remember. That is why it is advised that you must reset the password with the help of your smartphone.
**Let’s look at the steps.**
1. First, you need to open Gmail account in a browser and enter your Gmail user ID and hit Next.
2. Now, you have to click on the Forgot Password link located right under the password field.
3. Enter the last password you remember or click on the ‘Try Another Way’ link.
4. Now, you’ll be taken to a page titled ‘Reset password with your device.’
5. Your smartphone must be connected to the internet, open it, and click on the yes button from the recovery notification from Google.
6. And then tap on the same number listed on the desktop recovery session.
7. Once it is confirmed that you are trying to recover your account, the desktop session will be redirected to the enter new password for the account.
8. Enter the new password and confirm it, click on the Continue button to save the password.
**When you don't remember your email account**
However, it is still possible to recover your account if you remember a recovery phone number or email ID. Most people who also use an Android phone will have their phone numbers linked to their Google account for services like two-factor authentication.
If so, follow these steps.
Instead of adding your email ID, choose "Forgot your email?" button at the bottom right.
* Enter your registered phone number or recovery email ID.
* Enter here the same name that you entered when creating the account
* Google will now send a verification code to your recovery email ID or mobile phone number.
* After successfully entering the correct six-digit code
* Your email IDs registered with that particular phone number or recovery email
* In case you have that number linked to multiple Google accounts, you will find them all here.
If you also do not remember the password for this account, you can continue by selecting the "I forgot my password" button at the top left to change your password.